GSoC: Second Phase of Coding Period
So here we are near the end of GSoC 2021 and with that, I am sharing details of the work I completed in the second phase of the coding period.
Continuing with details of the task I left on…
Task: Adding support for testing security uploads and Debian LTS
extra-apt-sourcesparameter is added to both API and Self-Service section for the
test requestobject and the part which took some time was deciding on its validation since if you ever deal with
apt sources, you would know that there exist a lot of combinations of a valid
apt sourceand in the end, the decision was taken to just add the minimal checks.
Since, we have enough setup to request
privatetests, it made sense to have a way of looking them up in the Self-Service section. So a new column is added to the test records in
visibilityof a test (
public) and a new filter to filter out records based on the
The option to
retrytests is also added in Self-Service in the
Job-Historysection so that
privatetests can also be retried. As earlier, this option was only available in Package History pages but those pages do not show the
The next thing in the list was to
publishthese test results of
privatetests at some point. For the API section, a new endpoint is added to accept a string of
run_idswhich is ready to be published, and for the Self-Service , in the Job-History page a
Publishbutton is added to be clicked after check boxing the required tests.
This ends the list of my planned work for the project. 🎉
Some more interesting stuff
As we got some more time for the coding period to end, my mentor Antonio Terceiro suggested that I could pick any issue from the opened issues list to work on so I picked up the one to add a user menu for the Self-Service section and completed that.
Antonio also gave me insights into Debian Packaging and even let me try packaging a newer upstream version of the package itamae which is one of the packages maintained by him.
I also worked on creating a video about my GSoC project for DebConf21 and this was truly the hardest thing to do. From setting up everything to final editing, it took me about 2 days to create something sane to submit. Now, I am excited about DebConf21 😃
That concludes my work in the second phase of the coding period and next, I will be sharing my Final Evaluation Submission real soon.